Video LibraryHow Are Victims Represented in a Criminal Drunk Driving Case?

December 26, 2019by Aaron Allison

What do you need to do after a drunk driving accident causes you injury? If you are injured by a drunk driver, speak to Austin car accident attorney Aaron Allison. For more information, call (512) 474-8346.

Video Transcription:

There is restitution programs under criminal law where those have been convicted of crimes must pay restitution to those that they committed the act against. If they lost property or had other some other kind of financial distress, the courts can order someone who’s been convicted of a crime to pay restitution over time. That doesn’t happen as often as what we see on the civil side of law which is the sole purpose of obtaining a lawyer for a civil case is so that he or she will pursue a settlement or pursue a jury award for compensation for money. You do see it on the criminal side in some regard in some cases, but 100 percent of the time you see it on the civil side of law. It’s always very important to contact a civil attorney as soon as possible. The earlier that you communicate with a lawyer and or hire a lawyer to represent you in a civil matter, the sooner that he or she can develop a case, obtain evidence which may disappear, talk to witnesses whose memories may fade over time, so it’s very important once you’ve been injured to get with an attorney as soon as possible so they can begin building your case and preserving your case. For more information, go to

Aaron Allison

Aaron Allison portrait

Aaron Allison

Aaron Allison, a second-generation personal injury lawyer from Austin, follows in the footsteps of his father, who founded their firm in 1978. Admitted to practice by the Texas Supreme Court, the Federal Court for the Western District of Texas, the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals, and the U.S. Supreme Court, Aaron brings extensive legal expertise to his clients.

Specializing in personal injury cases, Aaron offers a distinct advantage for Texas workers injured on the job. With Texas workers' compensation laws leading many attorneys to avoid these cases, Aaron is one of only 40 lawyers among 95,000 in Texas who represent injured workers in straight workers' compensation cases. His firm continues to provide dedicated support for those suffering catastrophic work injuries, maintaining a proud tradition of advocacy spanning decades.